Drive! Drive! Drive! will launch for PlayStation 4 and PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam on December 13, developer Different Cloth announced. The PS Vita version is currently postponed.
Here’s an overview of the game, via the PlayStation Blog:
Drive! Drive! Drive! is a driving game about racing multiple tracks at the same time. It’s kind of a mixture of arcade racing, repeated stupidity, track management, repeated stupidity, repeated stupidity.
Why is the game so repeatedly stupid? Well, that’s down to the AI that controls all the cars in the game that you yourself are not in control of. In Drive! Drive! Drive!, AI is an initialism for Artificial Idiocy. Everybody is disastrously bad at driving, apart from you, and you can only control one car at a time. So you must manage your cars across up to four tracks in real time to score as highly as possible, hopping between them to save them from the vicious nature of our Intelligent Stupidity engine.
- Incredible soundtrack by synth-prog post-rock legends Zombi!
- 100 tracks to race in Campaign and Offensive Modes!
- Potential for more than 18.37 quintillion tracks to race via user generation!
- Create, share, and rate tracks easily in the in-game track creator!
- Four different game modes: Purist, Arcade, Collection, and Time Trial!
- Up to four-player multiplayer!
- More than nine unique environments!
- Less than 11 unique vehicles!
- Less than 11 unique environments!
- More than nine unique vehicles!
Imagine the possibilities: create a track, duplicate it up to four times, spin the tracks around, crash them into each other, share your monstrosity with the world, and race your friends on it in multiplayer! Each track has its own gravity so you can do whatever you like in the Track Creator.
Watch a new trailer below.