Square Enix will announce a new action game at the Tokyo Game Show on September 15, the company teased.
The announcement will be made at 13:00 JST on the Square Enix main stage.
Here is an updated version of Square Enix’s Tokyo Game Show 2016 stage schedule:
- Stage (YouTube, Niconico)
- 10:30 to 11:30 – World of Final Fantasy TGS 2016 Special – Featuring Hiroki Chiba (director) and MC Ayana Taketatsu (voice actress). A stage event featuring wonderful guests, and previously unseen systems and the latest information regarding World of Final Fantasy.
- 12:00 to 13:00 – NieR: Automata TGS 2016 Special Stage – Featuring Yosuke Saito (producer), Yasuhisa Taura (PlatinumGames game designer), Yoko Taro (director), Yui Ishikawa (2B voice actress), and Natsuki Hanae (9S voice actor). A stage event featuring wonderful guests and the latest information on the PlayStation 4 action RPG, including new details debuting for the first time.
- 13:30 to 15:00 – Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII – Featuring Naoki Yoshida (producer and director) and MC Toshio Murouchi (community team). The latest Letter from the Producer LIVE, featuring part two of details regarding what’s new in Patch 3.4.
- 15:30 to 16:45 – Dragon Quest X TV in TGS 2016 Special – Featuring Yosuke Saito (producer), Chikara Saito (director), Takashi Anzai (chief planner), Takeshi Ooyama (4th beginner ambassador), and MC Ayana Tsubaki (talent). The latest in the “Dragon Quest X TV” broadcasts, this time from the Tokyo Game Show show. It will feature the popular “Battle Trial” corner, where guests and the development team will take on the the “Palace of the Evil God” as the July-introduced “Fortuneteller” vocation.
- Studio (YouTube, Niconico)
- Square Enix Presents September 17 Opening
- 10:00 to 10:50 – Akashic Re:cords TGS 2016 Special – Featuring Takanori Shiina (producer) and others to be announced. Square Enix’s newly announced smartphone title Akashic Re:cords will be introduced by the voice actors and development team.
- 11:10 to 12:40 – The President Plays: Rise of the Tomb Raider at TGS – Featuring Yosuke Matsuda (Square Enix president and CEO), Satoshi Akaishizawa (localization producer), Yuki Nishio (localization director), and Daisuke Yamamoto (localization director). First gameplay of the Japanese version of Rise of the Tomb Raider, featuring Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuke. Additionally, the latest information on Overwatch, Hitman, and other Extreme Edges brand titles.
- 13:20 to 14:10 – To be announced in a few days.
- 14:25 to 15:25 – Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Official Broadcast at TGS 2016 – Featuring MC Chuuni, Misoshiru, Kay Hirono (producer), and Yutaka Utsugi (management director). The latest information on the smartphone game. “That” news regarding the game’s one-year anniversary included, expect new details debuting for the first time.
- 15:40 to 16:30 – Fantasy Earth Zero at TGS 2016 – Featuring MC Suguru Uchiyama, Yoshihiro Takezoe, and Minoru Komatsu. A live stream featuring the Fantasy Earth Zero management team, including the latest information on the MMORPG.
- Square Enix Presents September 17 Ending
- Stage (YouTube, Niconico)
- 10:30 to 11:40 – Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Official Tournament “Great Masters’ GP” Elementary School Division Finals – Featuring Taichi Inuzuka (producer), MC Reiko Mihashi, and MC Eri Aoi. A finals tournament featuring the four representatives of the Elementary School Division that won through the district primaries.
- 12:15 to 13:30 – Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report at TGS 2016 – Featuring Hajime Tabata (director) and MC Akio Ofuji (marketing manager). The latest Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report featuring a variety of information.
- 14:00 to 15:00 – Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Special Stage – Featuring Hiroaki Kato (producer), Kouhei Takeda (Vann voice and motion actor), Marina Kozawa (Penelo voice and motion actor), Hitoshi Sakimoto (Basiscape), and MC Ai Yokomachi. An introduction to the 2017-due remaster, featuring the producer and guests, who will share stories about development of the original release.
- 15:30 to 16:30 – SaGa: Scarlet Grace Special Stage – Featuring MC Yuichi Nakamura (voice actor), Kenji Ito (composer), Akitoshi Kawazu (game designer and scenario), and Masanori Ichikawa (producer). At TGS 2015, we got a sneak peek at the game running, but at TGS 2016, you’ll get the latest information completely—no sneak peek this time.
- Studio (YouTube, Niconico)
- Square Enix Presents September 18 Opening
- 10:00 to 11:00 – Mobius Final Fantasy TGS 2016 Special – Featuring Yoshinori Kitase (producer), Naoki Hamaguchi (product leader), and MC Asuna (project manager). A stage featuring wonderful guests and all sorts of content, including new announcements and an introduction to the biggest “revolution” since the game launched, scheduled for this October.
- 11:15 to 11:45 – Attack!! Back Stage Pass!! – Featuring Studio main personalities, Susumu Imadachi and Chiaki Kyan. A complete report behind the scenes of Square Enix’s Tokyo Game Show 2016 booth. How is live streaming being handled? And what’s going on back stage? Two MCs deliver a complete report of the surprising behind the scenes you don’t normally see.
- 12:00 to 12:50 – Final Fantasy: Record Keeper at TGS 2016 – Featuring Ichiro Hazama (producer), Yu Sasaki (development producer / DeNA), and Ai Takahashi (actress / model). The latest information, including event and campaign news, and Final Fantasy: Record Keeper‘s future development plans.
- 13:05 to 14:05 – September 15-Announced New Action Game – Following an announcement on September 15 at 13:00 JST on the main stage at Tokyo Game Show 2015, Square Enix will share a lot more information on a new action title.
- 14:20 to 14:50 – MC Challenge Event – Featuring Studio main personalities, Susumu Imadachi and Chiaki Kyan. This year, too! Two MCs will be forced to do things they have no knowledge of beforehand, which they’ll try for the first time. Even the staff doesn’t know the details until the show starts.
- 15:00 to 16:10 – Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia and Grand Marche no Meikyuu – Featuring Ichiro Hazama (4th Business Division executive), Masanobu Suzui (Indieszero), Jin Fujiwara (Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia producer), and Daisuke Inoue (Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia director). The charm and latest information on Square Enix’s newly announced smartphone titles will be introduced.
- Square Enix Presents September 18 Grand Finale
Tokyo Game Show 2016 runs from September 15 to 18.