DoDonPachi Resurrection will launch for PC via Steam on October 14, Cave announced.
The shoot ’em up is currently available for Xbox 360 in Japan and Europe.
Here’s a full overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The past is being altered. An android, known as Next EXY, has traveled one thousand years back in time. Your task is to stop NEXY and the other Elemental Daughters who were built in the image of the Elemental Dolls who once protected humanity. What is NEXY’s intent? Should you attack what you shouldn’t understand? Orders are orders, and Col. Godwin Longhener is not to be ignored.
The legendary bullet-hell shoot-’em-up series has come to Steam with DoDonPachi Resurrection from CAVE Co., Ltd., the powerhouse behind revered bullet-hell shooters such as Mushihimesama and Deathsmiles.
- Choose between three ships and three Styles
- Cancel bullets and increase your score with the Hyper Counter system
- Turn the tides and clash lasers with the Counter Laser system
- Explore the complete DDPR experience with 8 different modes
- 1. Normal 1.5 – The original, refined game.
- 2. Normal 1.51 – A different scoring system and controls in this Cave Matsuri special version.
- 3. Arrange B – Play single stages in this highly customizable mode.
- 4. Arrange A (ver L) – A newly arranged mode with mechanics and a ship borrowed from DDP Blissful Death.
- 5. Novice – A crash course in bullet hell for newcomers!
- 6. Black Label – A new method of attack and a new final boss await!
- 7. Black Label Novice – Experience Black Label without the difficulty!
- 8. Black Label Arrange – Control the Tiger Schwert from KETSUI in the first international release for this mode!
- Bring in devastating backup with two-player local cooperative play
- Master the intricate scoring systems for which CAVE has become famous
- Steam Trading Card, Cloud Saves, and Leaderboard support