Bandai Namco will bring Digimon World: Next Order to North America and Europe exclusively for PlayStation 4 in boxed retail and digital versions in early 2017, the publisher announced.
Here’s the full overview:
Digimon World: Next Order begins when players are sucked into the Digital World to discover it is under siege by Machinedramons. Rescued by two Digimon from impending doom, players must forge forward with their Digimon partners and journey through the Digital World to discover the origins of the Machinedramon scourge and find a way back to the real world. Along the way, players will nurture and train their Digimon partners for battle as they progress through the game. Digimon World: Next Order contains over 200 Digimon for players to meet, recruit, and interact with throughout their adventure. Digimon World: Next Order will also give players the choice of playing as either a male or female protagonist and enable players to explore the Digital World with two Digimon partners for the first time in franchise history. The key to finding a way back to the real world and stopping the Digital World from total destruction at the hands of Machinedramons will lie in building strong bonds and providing effective training for each Digimon.
And here’s the fact sheet:
- Developer: B.B. Studio
- Players: 1
- Ratings: RP (Rating Pending)
- Voice-Overs: Japanese and English
- North America: English, French, and Spanish
- Europe: English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish
The Digimon World series returns to the West with Digimon World: Next Order! An all-new adventure & story awaits! The Digital World is in despair. Machinedramons are running rampant and causing utter chaos… the Digital World needs your help! Explore and traverse the Digital World to solve a digi-mystery. Recruit faithful Digimon companions and meet friends along the way to help you on this epic journey. The Digital World is waiting for you… Or are you waiting for the Digital World?
- Over 200 Digimon from the animated series!
- Choose between a male or female protagonist
- For the first time ever in the series, explore the Digital World with not one, but TWO Digimon partners!
- Your success in battles & the growth of your partners is totally dependent on you: Raise, train, feed, discipline, etc. in real-time to form strong bonds with your Digimon companions. Every interaction & activity matters!
- Evolved AI Battle System: Strong bonds with your partners is key – train your Digimon to excel in AI battles on their own. Cooperation & synchronization between your partners and their feelings will increase your chances of winning. Shout commands and cheer them to victory!
- Recruit and integrate new Digimon into the village to expand & evolve it
Watch the trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
Update 5:00 p.m. on 9/15/16: This post was originally published on September 14 at 9:00 p.m. Bandai Namco sent Gematsu an updated press release at 5:00 p.m. on September 15, clarifying mistakes in the original press release sent out on September 14. The original press release indicated a PlayStation 4-only, digital-only release. The updated press release mentioned a boxed retail and digital PlayStation 4 release, and digital-only PS Vita release.
Update 10:05 p.m. on 9/15/16: Bandai Namco sent Gematsu an “updated correction”—a correction of its previous correction—at 9:52 p.m. backpedaling its PS Vita announcement. According to the new press release, the game will be available “exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system in both digital and boxed-retail versions.”
Here’s the full statement:
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. would like to correct and confirm information pertaining to platform availability and distribution methods for Digimon World: Next Order. The game will be made available to players in the Americas in early 2017 exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system in both digital and boxed-retail versions.
Mistakes were made in our initial announcement for Digimon World: Next Order and we regret any confusion this may have caused to our fans. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. looks forward to sharing more news and details pertaining to Digimon World: Next Order in the coming months leading to the game’s early 2017 launch.