Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in North America and Europe in February 2017, publisher Gaijinworks announced.
The game will be released in a standard retail version including a case, disc, and physical manual in North America, and a digital-only standard release in South America and Europe. A PlayStation 4-only $149 “Wonderful Edition” will also be available (Update: a PS Vita version has since been announced), including:
- PS4 Game with Multi-Sided Coversheet, Full Color Game Manual, and Full Color Disc Label
- Dust-Jacketed, Hardcover 200+ Page Deluxe Art Book that chronicles the Summon Night Series
- Summon Night 6: Lost Borders 32 Track FULL Soundtrack with Full Color Disc Label
- Exclusive 7″ Plush (One of three possible sidekick characters from the game, Pink (shown), Blue, Grey, randomly inserted)
- Exclusive Four PVC Molded Drink Coasters, one for each of the main characters, and one of the game logo
- Exclusive Huge 21″ x 30″ poster (shown folded in picture)
- Exclusive Collector’s Box to hold everything
- Exclusive Serial Numbered Hologram
Pre-orders for the Wonderful Edition are exclusive to the Gaijinworks website and begin today with a $20 discount. Shipping is available worldwide.
Here’s a brief overview of the game, via Gaijinworks on the PlayStation Blog:
The game centers on three main characters living in isolation. Their solitary routines are upended when people literally begin falling from the sky into their world. At first, they struggle to learn who the visitors are and why they dropped in, but as they unravel the mystery they learn the power of friendship, eventually using that power to help them overcome a dark secret that cuts to the heart of their reality.
The gameplay is classic Summon Night, but turbocharged and streamlined. The usual strategy grid is displayed when you move, but the characters are free to run anywhere within their movement range without being limited to the squares. The Summon magic is represented here, as expected, as are assists, but there’s a new huge Summon Burst type of attack that unleashes crazy devastation on enemies.
Terrain is expressed in 3D beautifully, as are the characters. And the ever-popular night conversations are available with more characters than ever to help develop strong ties with allies at the end of every chapter. Summon Night 6 also supports cross save, allowing the game to be played on both PS4 and PS Vita. And players will need that edge because the game is a replay beast, with more than a dozen endings to see.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.