Nintendo and Level-5 shared first English details on Yo-kai Watch 2, which will release in Bony Spirits and Fleshy Bones versions on September 30 in North America, during the Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3 2016 live stream.
Yo-kai Watch 2 features over 350 new and returning Yo-kai to find, befriend, and battle, as well as new towns to visit. Players will team up with Hovernyan, a heroic cat Yo-kai, to travel back in time and save Springdale.
Get the details, trailer, and gameplay demonstration below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
Find, Befriend, and Battle More Than 350 Yo-kai in an All-New Adventure!
Watch out! The strangely charming troublemakers, Yo-kai, are back for an all-new adventure! Find, befriend, and battle more than 350 new and returning Yo-kai. Hop on a train to seek out new towns and new Yo-kai. Teaming up with the heroic cat, Hovernyan, travel back in time to save Springdale, and witness the origin of the Yo-kai Watch!
- Embark on an all-new adventure in Springdale with more than 350 new and returning Yo-kai to discover and befriend—each with a unique look, personality, and Soultimate Moves.
- Assemble your team of six Yo-kai on your Yo-kai Watch to battle trouble-making Yo-kai, solve people’s problems, and end a civil war between competing Yo-kai factions.
- Touchscreen-based batle actions initiate powerful Soultimate Moves, purify inspirited YO-kai, and heal your Yo-kai.
- Ride trains to new surrounding areas, such as the countryside village Harrisville and seaside town of San Fantastico.
- Travel back in time to discover the origin of the Yo-kai Watch and meet Classic Yo-kai from 60 years ago, while you ensure the Yo-kai Watch Model Zero is created and your timeline is preserved.
- Team up with up to four players in an all-new action-based local multiplayer mode (additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.)
- For the first time, challenge your friend’s team over the Internet in addition to local wireless in two-player multiplayer battles.
- Get one of three special Yo-kai (Buchinyan, Noko, or Komasan) by using data from the original Yo-kai Watch game.
- Will launch with two versions—Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls—each featuring Yo-kai that can only be befriended in their respective games.
- Collect, detect, and connect real-world Yo-kai Watch Yo-Motion medals (each sold separately, available late 2016) for use with the Hasbro-produced Yo-kai Watch Model Zero watch (each sold separately, available late 2016), and scan the codes on the back of the medals to get in-game content, like new Yo-kai, items, or other bonuses.
- In addition to the games, Disney XD has acquired a second season of the Yo-kai Watch animated TV show, which will premiere this summer.