Pre-orders will include the “Resistance Warrior Pack,” which includes additional soldier customization options like bonus outfits, headgear, and custom facial war paint, as well as a “Survivor of the Old War,” a new XCOM recruit who will appear in the Avenger’s barracks.
A “Digital Deluxe Edition” of the game will also soon be available for pre-order through each respective console marketplace. It will include the “Reinforcement Pack,” which is a collection of three add-on packs:
- Anarchy’s Children – This rebellion-themed content pack introduces more than 100 new exotic customizations for the entire arsenal of armors available to your XCOM soldiers. These options are purely cosmetic and do not alter the stats of a soldier. (Available at launch)
- Alien Hunters – Transform the soldiers of XCOM into an elite alien hunting squad with impressive new weapons and armor to face off against new alien Rulers that will pursue your squad across an entire campaign. Additional cosmetic upgrades to soldiers and the Avenger are included, as well as a new epic mission where Central Officer Bradford leads a squad with the guidance of an old friend. (Available at launch)
- Shen’s Last Gift – Introduces a new soldier class with unique upgradable weapons, armor and customization features, and a new narrative-driven mission and map. (Available at launch)
Get the announcement trailer and fact sheet below.
The critically-acclaimed sequel to the 2012 award-winning strategy game of the year is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Earth has changed. Twenty years have passed since world leaders offered an unconditional surrender to alien forces. XCOM, the planet’s last line of defense, was left decimated and scattered. Now, in XCOM 2, the aliens rule Earth, building shining cities that promise a brilliant future for humanity on the surface, while concealing a sinister agenda and eliminating all who dissent from their new order.
Only those who live at the edges of the world have a margin of freedom. Here, a force gathers once again to stand up for humanity. Always on the run, and facing impossible odds, the remnant XCOM forces must find a way to ignite a global resistance, and eliminate the alien threat once and for all.
- XCOM on the Run – Take command of the Avenger, an alien supply craft converted to XCOM’s mobile headquarters. New open-ended gameplay lets you decide where to guide your strike team, how to grow popular support, and when to combat enemy counter-operations.
- Recruit Resistance Fighters – Five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree, let you create specific soldiers for your tactical plan.
- Tactical Guerrilla Combat – New gameplay systems offer more tactical flexibility in combat. Use concealment to ambush enemy patrols. Loot enemies for precious gear and artifacts. Rescue VIPs and save fallen comrades by carrying them to the extraction point.
- A New Breed of Enemy – A diverse cast of enemies from powerful new alien species to the ADVENT, enforcers of the alien regime, offer a distinct tactical challenge.
- Research, Develop, and Upgrade – Configure and build rooms on the Avenger to give XCOM new capabilities on the battlefield. Use your Scientists and Engineers to research, develop and upgrade weapons and armor to fit your preferred tactics.
- Each Mission is a Unique Challenge – Go on missions around the world, from wildlands to the heart of the alien-controlled megacities, to the depths of alien installations. There are virtually infinite combinations of maps, missions and goals.
- Engage in Head-to-Head Multiplayer – Mix-and-match squads of humans and aliens and battle head-to-head on randomly-generated maps.
View the first set of console screenshots at the gallery.