Following a leak this morning, Activision has officially announced Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC worldwide on November 4. Special editions of the game will also ship with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, which includes the full campaign and 10 multiplayer maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
In addition to the standard $59.99 release, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will also be available in the following special editions:
- Legacy Edition and Digital Legacy Edition ($79.99) – Includes both Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.
- Digital Deluxe Edition ($99.99) – Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and Season Pass.
- Legacy Pro Edition ($119.99) – Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Season Pass, collectible Steelbook, official game soundtrack and additional digital items.
Here’s a rundown of both titles, via Activision:
■ Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare puts storytelling front and center in a rich, immersive narrative. Infinity Ward breaks new ground by exploring the weight of leadership and its responsibilities. In a desperate time of overwhelming adversity, the player, as Captain of their own warship, must take command against a relentless enemy. Experienced soldiers are thrust into extraordinary circumstances that will test their training and reveal their true character as they learn to lead and to make the hard decisions necessary to achieve victory. The game also introduces stunning, never before seen environments, new weaponry, and inventive player abilities to Call of Duty. The entire campaign – from boots-on-ground combat to piloting high speed space-fighters – occurs as a near seamless experience with few visible loading times, and delivers the hallmark, blockbuster franchise moments that fans love.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will lead players through an unforgettable journey as they engage in heroic battles with hallmark boots-on-the-ground combat. The campaign spans our solar system, taking players on a journey from Earth to beyond our atmosphere. It’s grand scale war with unforgettable characters, rich emotional arcs, an epic new setting and blockbuster Call of Duty action.
- Return to Classic, Large Scale War – Set within a plausible future setting, the game puts players in the role of Captain Reyes, a Tier 1 Special Operations pilot, who takes the helm of the Retribution, one of Earth’s last remaining warships. In a time of unthinkable adversity, Reyes must lead the remnants of coalition forces against a relentless enemy.
- Fighting a Fanatical Enemy – The Settlement Defense Front (The Front) represents a splinter group of insurgents that broke away from the United Nations Space Alliance during a war of secession, years ago. In the world of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, our planet has been stripped of its natural assets through population growth and industrial expansion. The people of Earth now rely upon colonies throughout the solar system to mine planets and asteroids for necessary fuel and other resources. The Front is a fascist power, comprised of brutal and militant radicals, toughened by the extreme conditions of off-world environments. They seek to control those outposts and their wealth, putting a stranglehold on the countries of Earth. After years of uneasy stalemate, diplomatic relations are strained and it will take only the slightest nudge to tip the entire solar system into war.
- Immersive, Seamless Campaign Experience – For the first time ever, many parts of the campaign – from boots-on-the-ground, to piloting a jet fighter, to zero-g and space combat – will occur as a near seamless, action packed experience with few visible loading times, and delivers the signature, blockbuster franchise moments that fans love.
- Warships Introduce a New Element to Call of Duty – For the first time in the series, air and space combat are a key aspect of the campaign. Players will experience new combat scenarios and environments that add tremendous variety and excitement to the single player campaign. o The Retribution: The Retribution serves as the player’s home and representation of their life on Earth, as they journey through the solar system. A massive warship housing the player’s crew, the Retribution is a key character throughout the campaign and a vessel that players will come to rely on and be responsible for.
- Jackal – Throughout the campaign, players will also pilot their very own advanced space combat ready jet-fighter, better known as the Jackal.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare features a Multiplayer mode that features an evolution of Call of Duty’s movement system with an emphasis on front-line engagement. It rewards players for utilizing their surroundings and applying strategy in the heat of the moment. Maps are designed to immerse players into fast, fun, and frenetic gameplay that players have come to expect from Call of Duty. With its new approach to play, multiplayer will bring innovative gameplay that challenges players to achieve their goals in creative ways based on their specific play style.
Infinite Warfare will introduce an original cooperative Zombies mode that takes players on a wild ride through a new storyline with unique gameplay features and mechanics. Expect a lot of fun surprises when more details about the new zombies experience are announced later this year.
■ Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
One of the most critically acclaimed titles in the series, inspired by overwhelming community interest, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is being remastered for current generation consoles. Executive produced by Infinity Ward and developed by Raven, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered puts players into a modern-day action-thriller filled with the heart-stopping moments that made it one of the most critically-acclaimed games of all-time.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered boasts vibrant current generation visuals, with fully improved texture resolution and detail, high-dynamic range lighting, lit and shadowing VFX particles, revamped animation and audio, stunning sound, and much more. Fans will relive the full, iconic campaign as they’re transported around the globe with Capt. Price, Gaz and Soap across all the missions from the original game, including “All Ghillied Up,” “Charlie Don’t Surf,” and “Crew Expendable.” Players will also experience the online multiplayer mode that redefined Call of Duty by introducing killstreaks, XP, Prestige and more, and battle head-to-head in 10 fan-favorite maps from the original multiplayer mode, including classics such as “Crash,” “Backlot” and “Crossfire.”