First details on Akiba’s Beat, Acquire’s newly announced PlayStation 4 and PS Vita action RPG, have come out of the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.
Get the information below.
Akiba’s Beat will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita this fall in Japan.
- Director: Kohta Takano (of Divine Gate)
- Theme Song: ClariS
- Character Design: UCMM
The game is set in an HD quality, realistically reproduced Akihabara. The protagonist and friends get imprisoned in a world eroded by delusions, where “Sunday repeats.”
- Asahi Tachibana (Protagonist) – A 19 year-old who came to Tokyo to go to college. He couldn’t find a reason to continue attending and dropped out after a year. From there, he has been living the NEET life.
- Saki Hoshino – An 18 year-old girl who moved to Akihabara to attend vocational school. She and her familiar Pin-kun worked together to destroy the “world of delusion” and protect the peace since before she met Asahi.
- Pin-kun – A familiar who works together with Saki. It mistakenly thinks its pretty.
- Riyu Momose – A 14 year-old idol based in Akihabara.
- Yamato Hongo – 16 years old. He tries to act cool but doesn’t realize everyone thinks he’s cute. Everyone seems to mess with him.
Dungeons and Battles
Dungeons that act as the embodiment of delusions are the stage for battle, and battles begin by touching an enemy symbol. By equipping special headphones to Asahi and friends, the battle mode changes and combat ability can be greatly increased.
Development is currently 75 percent complete.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.