The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals new PS Vita love simulation game Reco Love: Blue Ocean and Reco Love: Gold Beach, from Photo Kano producer Ichiro Sugiyama, developer Dingo, and publisher Kadokawa Games.
Due out this summer in Japan, both Blue Ocean and Gold Beach will feature different story developments and events with the heroines.
Weekly Famitsu has information on the heroines, as well as the “Reco Session System” where you’ll take video of the girls. Details have not yet leaked.
Update 8:10 a.m.: New details have come in via Weekly Famitsu:
- Reco Love will launch in two versions this summer for 6,800 yen each.
- Both versions share the same characters and setting, but the story developments and events with heroines differ.
- In Blue Ocean, the protagonist has a chuunibyou younger sister named Mana (voiced by Yuka Iguchi), and in Gold Beach, the protagonist has a model older sister named Yuina (voiced by Ai Kakuma). The protagonist’s sister acts as his adviser in each version.
- Mitsumi Academy is a school that consists of every grade from elementary to high school. During the academy’s study and exercise training camp, “Mitsumi Camp,” you’ll be able to deepen your relationships with the game’s heroines, with the goal of confessing your love.
- In addition to the photography system that was popular in Photo Kano, filming is now also possible. (To be clear, like Photo Kano, photography is also possible.)
- “Reco Session,” which allows you to freely film the game’s heroines, is the chief system of this game. This mode supports PS Vita’s motion sensor. While shooting, you can control the camera as you please by moving around the PS Vita.
- In addition to capturing video in the game, you can also convert and save the video data as an MP4 file. From your PC, you can share the videos on Niconico, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Development is currently 80 percent complete.
Here are the currently confirmed characters:
- Miu Sagara (voiced by Nao Toyama) – Second year high school student. A classmate of the protagonist. She has an equal balance of study and exercise, but is also a very good actress who fully becomes the character she is portraying when she puts on the accessories and begins performing.
- Mariana Prinsilla (voiced by Yu Shimamura) – Third year high school student. A Finnish exchange student who speaks Japanese fluently. She has a prideful and strong personality, and treats the protagonist like a younger brother even though that’s not how he sees her.
- Riko Sorimachi (voiced by Kana Ueda) – Second year high school student. A prodigy who went to best high-level school in Kansai until junior high school. She usually speaks standard Japanese, but lets out her Kansai dialect when she’s excited. She has an easy-going friendship with the protagonist.
- Nagisa Misaki (voiced by MAO) – Third year high school student. President of the Cute Movie Club that the protagonist belongs to, as well as student council president. She is admired by other girls, but also loves cute girls herself.
- Mahiro Naruse (voiced by Maaya Uchida) – Third year junior high school student. A childhood friend of the protagonist’s who lives in his neighborhood. She goes to a different school, but attends the protagonist’s school during camp.
- Rinze Himeragi (voiced by Yui Ishikawa) – Fifth year elementary school student. A gymnastics prodigy able to pull off high difficulty techniques one after the other. She is calm and rarely laughs. Her personality can be compared more to that of an adult’s.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.