China-developed free-to-play multiplayer online battle action game King of Wushu is now available in English for PlayStation 4 in Asia, developer Snail Games announced.
That includes China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Here is the Singapore PlayStation Store page.
The game features 36 distinct warriors to play, magical ancient martial arts abilities to use, RPG-style progression systems, and third-person perspective gameplay on 3D battlefields.
Here’s the rundown, via PlayStation Blog Asia:
King of Wushu, also known by Chinese title Jiu Yang Shen Gong, is the latest title from developer Snail Games and represents the company’s take on the popular MOBA genre, adapting their established “Wuxia” traditional Kung Fu style to a cross-platform action experience. Built around the successful IP of previous MMO Age of Wushu, the new title uses the CryEngine 3 graphics engine, rendering the stylized traditional aesthetic in stunning visuals and full 3D environments.
Set in the Ming Dynasty, the game draws inspiration from traditional Chinese martial arts fantasy, developing a wide cast of unique and interesting characters to choose from. Unique to this genre, King of Wushu introduces a distinct Kung Fu flavor, with gravity defying “Flying Skills” reminiscent of popular martial arts films. With a full third-person perspective and 360 degree camera control, players can explore and fight through a finely detailed world, designed with DirectX 12, Gemworks and other top graphics tech to recreate the exciting and dangerous martial arts underworld of “Jianghu”.
- 36 distinct “Masters” to fight as, filling tactical roles such as tanks and support, long-range vs. melee, etc.
- Two different 5V5 Maps with unique gameplay: “Guanming Peak” and “Longjiang Shipyard.”
- Two single player maps for testing and learning: “Broadleaf Manor” (tutorial) and “Baiyue Residence.”
- Three unique game systems mixing RPG mechanics with MOBA genre: “Flying Skills”, “Mental Skills,” and “Meridians.”
- Exclusive Skins available for 10 characters: Master Gongsun, Jiang the Wise, Wei Pike, Da Feng, Captain Wong, Master Chung, Bloodmoon Li, Xuling-Na, Tang Yan, and Miao Xian.
King of Wushu is also planned for release in North America, though a release date has not been announced.
Watch the launch trailer below.