The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has first details on Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune, Compile Heart’s new Neptunia game announced at the Dengeki Game Festival last month.
The game is a rule of right fantasy action RPG set in a new world. The goddesses of the Neptunia series have new fantasy-like costumes, as designed by series character designer Tsunako. Neptune is a Holy Knight, Noire is a Black Knight, Blanc is a Priest, and Vert is an Enchanter.
Here are some interview tidbits from executive producer Norihisa Kochiwa, character designer Tsunako, and producer Naoko Mizuno:
- This time we’re trying to represent the characters differently to make a fantasy version of Neptunia.
- The title has the word “Online,” but it is not an online game. The setting sees Neptune and company playing in an online game world.
- It is the game that Vert is playing in the main Neptunia titles, but Vert is not the protagonist. The four goddesses are. Vert might have a bit of a greater importance though.
- The four goddesses will little by little become allies, but they’ll all become allies early on.
- Look forward to a followup report regarding additional characters set to appear.
- The story begins when Neptune and company, while normally playing Four Goddesses Online, notice the presence of new characters, and then go on to fight those that are enemies.
- Development is 20 to 30 percent complete. The release window might be winter.
A platform was not announced.