Black Rose Valkyrie details Interview SystemNew characters Taiki Shinohara and Miyako Osatani also introduced.
Compile Heart has updated the Black Rose Valkyrie official website with details on the Interview System, which players will use to determine whether their party members has defected to the Chimera Reserves. Two new characters are also introduced.
Get the information below.
Taiki Shinohara (voiced by ???)
Director-general of the Secret Military Agency ACID. He is in charge of managing the many Anti Chimera Interception Units, including the Special Force Valkyrie. He is always calm and composed, and is never unsettled by any situation.
Miyako Osatani (voiced by ???)
Asahi’s direct superior, as well as commanding officer. Because she is strict towards her subordinates, she comes off as scary, but she is a good person at heart. She considers her subordinates even when speaking harshly.
■ Interview System
With the “personality split” side effect triggered by using the Chimera opposition weapon T-C-S, there is the problem of those affected becoming very similar to when an infected person goes berserk from “Chimeraism.” In the case that a “Chimera Reserve” is lurking among the Special Military Force Valkyrie, it is harder to notice the difference between Chimeraism or not, which could expose the unit to a critical situation. For that reason, players will regularly perform “Interviews” with each party member and look for indications of Chimeraism. And the most easy to understand indication of Chimeraism is lying. Players will perform one-on-one interviews with each of their group members with the goal of uncovering a lie.
Using the Interview System, you’ll get information out of the person your interviewing about your other allies.
The basic goal is to summarize the information obtained by each member as responses, and from that limited information determine where there might be a contradiction.
There are a limited number of times you can ask questions during the interview, but you can freely decide who you question and how many times you question them. For example, if you’re limited to asking questions five times, you can ask five of the group members each one question, or ask one of the group members five questions.
It is not always necessary to conclude who from among your group is a Chimera Reserve. If there aren’t any contradictions in the contents of the interviews, you can also report that there is “no applicable person.” So collect information using your intuition and reasoning and figure out whether or not anyone is lying.
Here’s the overview:
(1) Choose a person to interview. You can interview your group members in any order you prefer.
(2) During the interviews, you can hear things about your fellow group members. Since the number of questions you can ask is limited, you’ll need to make careful decisions among them.
(3) The things said by each group member during interviews are grouped together in a list in order to provide each member’s responses at a glance. Refer to this list to find a contradiction in their responses and form a solid basis.
(4) After the interview concludes, you’ll report who showcased signs of Chimeraism. An evaluation for Asahi will be provided based on the contents reported. You’ll earn rewards if your evaluation is high.
Players can request the investigation of each group member ahead of an interview by talking to Kana Hazuki.
Through Kana, it is possible to put in requests to investigate up to three people at once, as well as receive a report on the investigation before the interview begins.
Although there are times when an investigation will end in failure, because a group member herself is not telling a lie, very useful information will be provided when the investigation succeeds.
Also, you’ll be able to extend Kana’s capabilities based on the “Medals” you earn during Special Military Force Valkyrie missions. This includes increasing the maximum number of investigations that can be done at the same time and increasing the success rate of investigations. Since the amount of information you can work with will increase, you’ll be able to more easily determine contradictions in your group members’ words.
Here’s the overview:
(1) Kana Hazuki is an essential member of the Special Military Force Valkyrie, but because she is not in a position to fight against Chimera, her probability of being infected by the virus is extremely low. For that reason, she carries out her duty as a reliable investigator for Interviews.
(2) Choose a person to investigate. There is a maximum to the amount of people you can investigate, and because there is also a cost, you’ll need to carefully decide who you request to be investigated.
(3) You can extend the research capabilities of Kana Hazuki, including increasing the success rate of investigations, or the maximum amount of people that can be investigated at once.
Black Rose Valkyrie is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan on June 30.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.