Square Enix announced the differences between the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 versions of Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness on the latest Star Ocean Program broadcast this morning.
While Square Enix will release the PlayStation 4 version of Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness in the west, the PlayStation 3 version will remain exclusive to Japan.
Here’s the full outline:
- Game Contents – The same across both platforms.
- Cross-Save – Not supported.
- Feature Differences – Share features and PS Vita Remote Play supported on PlayStation 4. Not supported on PlayStation 3.
- Frame Rate – 60fps (some parts vary) on PlayStation 4. 30 fps (some parts vary) on PlayStation 3.
- Resolution – 1080p on PlayStation 4. 720p on PlayStation 3.
- Graphics – PS4: finer physics processing, characters, backgrounds, effects, and such, and objects and monsters at a distance are displayed on-screen. PS3: some expressions are reduced and simplified, and objects and monsters at a distance are not displayed on-screen.
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness is due out for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan on March 31, and for PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe in 2016.
Watch the full Star Ocean Program, featuring the final trailer (update: separate version released), footage of the Charles D. Goale spaceship and more, below.