Hopoo Games will bring its PC title Risk of Rain to PlayStation 4 and PC in early 2016, the developer announced.
The PlayStation versions of the action platformer will feature automatic matchmaking via PlayStation Network, as well as cross-platform play. With the press of a button, players will be automatically placed into a lobby with up to three other players around the world. You can also play in online lobbies while playing locally with a friend.
Here’s an overview of Risk of Rain, via its Steam page:
Risk of Rain is an action platformer with roguelike elements. With permanent death as a primary feature, players will have to play their best to get as far as possible. Fight on a mysterious planet with randomly spawning enemies and bosses, either alone or with 3 friends in online co-op. With over 100 items at your disposal, you will find the tools you need to find the teleporter back home. Discover a myriad of randomly chosen stages, from the desolate forest to the frozen tundra.
The three main goals for our game are simple:
1. Design a game that is randomly generated every play-through, to keep replayability high and fresh.
2. Time = difficulty. The higher the in-game time gets, the harder the difficulty gets. Keeping a sense of urgency keeps the game exciting!
3. Be enjoyable, regardless of whether you win or lose. No more fussing with complex and non-intuitive gameplay patterns. Players should not blame the game for their loss!
- Engage in local and online multiplayer with friends and other players from around the world!
- Play and unlock 12 unique characters, from the Commando to the Miner to the Engineer.
- Fight through hordes of different enemies and bosses, randomly chosen by the game with random abilities and powers.
- Get lost and discover 10 massive levels with different enemies, shrines, and chests on each one!
- Recruit the help of a wide variety of drones, from missile drones to healing drones!
- Unlock the lore of the game through the item and monster logs!
- Unlock new items and characters through difficult achievements to keep the game fresh with each playthrough.
- Save your best highscores and stats!
Watch a trailer below.