Stainless Games has announced Carmageddon: Max Damage for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. (Update: A PC version will also be released, and is free to users who own Carmageddon: Reincarnation.)
Promising “more carnage and mayhem than ever before,” the console-bound vehicular violence simulator is due out later this year.
The game features:
- Garage – In this game the car’s the star! Select from over 30 metal mangling vehicles designed for the job in hand; wrecking opponents and killing pedestrians! Fiercely customised to destroy everything in their path, each has its own highly distinctive character with a deranged driver to match!
- Environments – Create carnage in 10 large open world environments and smaller battle arenas, with plenty of fun stuff to smash into, smash up, snap off and sling around. Explore city streets and country trails, arid deserts and icy wastelands all packed with juicy meatbags for your killing pleasure.
- Pedestrians – Moving targets of all ages, shapes and species make Carmageddon an equal opportunities pedestrian slaughterfest. Enjoy granny mangling, nun chucking, beach babe bouncing… Plus peds in wheelchairs, on mobility scooters and bicycles… Bears, penguins, aliens and much much more!
- Modes – Play one of three game modes, either rise through the Carmageddon ranks in Career mode with six different event types, do what you like by unlocking Freeplay, or challenge the masses in Multiplayer with four online event types – Just remember it’s all about the carnage!
- Event Types – Decide whether to race, chase, or kill in a variety of Carmageddon events against AI opponents or online against the rest of the Carmafan masses.
- PowerUps – There are over 90 entertaining PowerUps that will help or hinder your game in hilarious ways. You’ll soon discover which ones maim your enemy, enhance your performance, or just screw things up.
Visit the official website here.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.