The PC version will feature seven game boosters, including high speed and no encounter modes, autosave, and high-definition movies and character models.
Final Fantasy IX was announced for PC and smartphones late last month.
Here’s the full overview, via the Steam page:
Selling over five million copies since its release in 2000, Final Fantasy IX proudly returns on Steam! Now you can relive the adventures of Zidane and his crew on PC!
Zidane and the Tantalus Theater Troupe have kidnapped Princess Garnet, the heir of Alexandria. To their surprise, however, the princess herself yearned to escape the castle. Through a series of unusual circumstances, she and her personal guard, Steiner, fall in with Zidane and set out on an incredible journey. Meeting unforgettable characters like Vivi and Quina along the way, they learn about themselves, the secrets of the Crystal, and a malevolent force that threatens to destroy their world.
- Abilities – Learn new abilities by equipping items. When fully mastered,these abilities can be used even without equipping items,allowing for nearly endless customization options.
- Trance – Fill your Trance gauge as you sustain hits in battle. When fully charged, your characters will enter Trance mode, granting them powerful new skills!
- Synthesis – Never let items go to waste. Combine two items or pieces of equipment together and make better, stronger items!
- Minigames – Whether it’s Chocobo Hot and Cold, Jump Rope, or Tetra Master, there are plenty of minigames to enjoy when you’re not off saving the world. You can even earn special item rewards!
- Seven game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
- High-definition movies and character models
Update: This post originally said Final Fantasy IX would launch this month. However, the Steam page that said “January 2016” now says “Early 2016.”