Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den is in development at Capcom for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 for a summer 2016 release in Japan, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.
Further information has yet to leak from the magazine.
Update 5:38 a.m.: New information has leaked from Weekly Famitsu.
The latest entry in the Sengoku Basara series is a lengthy drama that follows the life of Sanada Yukimura.
Players can follow Sanada’s growth to adulthood until the summer campaign of the siege of Osaka. Both Sanada and Date Masamune will have new outfits, and new attack actions are also being implemented.
The following are excerpts from an interview with producers Daizo Nonoka and Hiroyuki Kobayashi:
- We wanted to do a new cut where Yukimura would be the focus, and the project got going from there.
- This game will be more historical than previous titles.
- Sanada Masayuki and Sanada Nobuyuki, Yukimura’s father and older brother, respectively, will appear as new military commanders.
- It’s Yukimura’s story, but there will also be times when you’ll control Masamune.
- Since we’ll have new mechanisms implemented in the Osaka Castle and other such stages, the method to clear stages as seen in previous games has changed.
Development is currently 50 percent complete.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.