Star Fox Zero will launch for Wii U in North America and Europe on April 22 and in Japan on April 21, Nintendo announced.
The game was recently delayed from its previously planned November 20 release. It utilizes a unique control scheme that uses both the TV screen and the screen on the GamePad to allow players to pilot multiple vehicles through intergalactic levels with Fox and his classic crew.
Get the fact sheet and a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
The Star Fox team arrives on Wii U for a new adventure
Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy save the Lylat system in this new deep space dogfighting adventure. Using the Wii U GamePad controller and the TV together creates a unique interface that allows players to experience the game with two different viewpoints within the Arwing – aim and shoot enemies in one direction while flying in another. This frees up the TV for a more cinematic flight experience. Then, pilot the Arwing with its new Walker transformation, along with the new Gyrowing and the Landmaster Tank, to traverse interplanetary terrain.
- Fan favorite characters return with new and well-known dialogue from Fox McCloud, Slippy, Peppy, Falco and more, which can sound like they’re talking in your ear like a from a headset with clever sound technology.
- Players can intuitively pilot an Arwing by simply using both the right and left control sticks as a control stick to perform familiar flight maneuvers, such as the somersault, U-turn and a Barrel Roll.
- Replay the same exotic planets with other vehicles and extra missions can be selected on top of going through the story.
- Two different viewpoints, the traditional style of TV gameplay and the new unique cockpit view on the Wii U GamePad controller combines to create a unique interface to aim and shoot in one direction while flying in another. This frees up the TV for more cinematic moments in a brand-new all range mode.
- Pilot the new and improved Arwing with its new Walker transformation and take control of a new Drone type plane, the Gyrowing. The Landmaster Tank returns, equipped with a new, limited flight form.
- Developed in partnership with PlatinumGames