The Idolmaster, Bandai Namco’s idol training and simulation game series, officially turned 10 years old in Japan today (July 26).
The series debuted as an arcade title, simply titled The Idolmaster, on July 26, 2005. Two years later, it was ported to Xbox 360.
Here’s a look at all the games that have come out since its launch (sales provided where available, via Game Data Museum):
- The Idolmaster (Arcade, 2005)
- The Idolmaster (Xbox 360, 2007) – 48,695 total sales (+47,344 from the “Platinum Collection” release)
- The Idolmaster: Live For You! (Xbox 360, 2008) – 75,272 total sales
- The Idolmaster Twins: The Idolmaster and The Idolmaster: Live For You! (Xbox 360, 2009) – 6,621 total sales
- The Idolmaster SP: Perfect Sun / Missing Moon / Wandering Star (PSP, 2009) – 189,568 total sales
- The Idolmaster: Dearly Stars (DS, 2009) – 61,830 sales
- The Idolmaster 2 (Xbox 360, early 2011) – 57,818 total sales
- The Idolmaster 2 (PlayStation 3, late 2011) – 86,943 total sales
- The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls (Smartphones, 2011)
- The Idolmaster: Shiny Festa: Honey Sound / Funky Note / Groovy Tune (PSP, 2012) – 124,056 total sales
- The Idolmaster: Shiny Festa: Honey Sound / Funky Note / Groovy Tune (Smartphones, 2013)
- The Idolmaster: Million Live (Smartphones, 2013)
- The Idolmaster: Shiny TV (PlayStation 3, 2015) –
- The Idolmaster: SideM (Smartphones, 2014)
- The Idolmaster: One For All (PlayStation 3, 2014) – 106,465
Additionally, nine volumes of photo-taking games The Idolmaster: Anime & Gravure 4 You! Pack were released for PlayStation 3 between 2011 and 2012, and Bandai Namco has currently planned up to at least seven volumes of its The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls Gravure 4 You! Pack games.
Outside of this, the series has spawned four anime series, an anime movie, and a number of live concerts and such.