Here are some new details, via EA:
The new Need for Speed introduces compelling and innovative gameplay through Five Ways to Play – Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw. Each drives your Need for Speed game through an interconnected narrative. Built around five real world automotive icons, each of whom is a hero of today’s car culture, they will inspire the player to experience all Five Ways to Play. Earn their respect and build your reputation on your journey to become the ultimate icon.
Action-packed overlapping stories, rich with distraction based gameplay, ensure variety and personal preference. Carve your own path through Ventura Bay by playing different event types and propel your progression by ultimately winning your way.
- Speed – Pedal to the metal, high speeds, maximum adrenaline rush. Keep your nerve and never lift off the gas, the fearless always push the limits.
- Style – Expression through driving, sliding the car into a corner sideways with ultimate precision. For some, style is all that matters.
- Build – Take your car to the extreme through visual and performance modification. The constant need to improve and personalize. Craftsmen build, searching for perfection.
- Crew – Ride together with your Crew and never hit the streets alone. Put your faith in others and the skill of close proximity chaos.
- Outlaw – Messing with and escaping from the cops. Push the limits and live life on the edge as you crave the thrill of the chase.
Watch a new trailer and first gameplay below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.