Get the details below.
The year is 20XX.
The country was about to see significant change.
“Japanese citizens have an obligation to live fulfilling and healthy lives.” This was the beginning of the “Neo Communications Act,” which was intended to wedge into frequent issues including the congested economy, declining birth rates, NEETs, and hikikomoris.
Exclusive smartphones were distributed free of charge with the government official social network service “Tweeter” installed.
Depending on the amount of followers you attain, the government supplies you with a special allowance.
Marriage, having children, being in a relationship—various measures work in your favor.
To live fulfilling lives, people actively communicate through the social network regardless of day or night.
It is the birth of a new society beyond the boundaries of reality and the net.
It was supposed to be the rise of “mankind’s riajuu (people who live fulfilling lives) era.”
But the reality was different.
Some riajuu have monopolized just about all of the wealth and followers, kick-starting a “super fulfilled divergent society.”
The unpopular, according to the “Riajuu Ranking”, receive unfavorable jobs.
Their anger and grief is condemned in the name of the “Neo Communications Act,” under which it is discarded.
In such dark times, one hero alone stood up—no, one non-riajuu.
- Oreshi (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa) – The strongest non-riajuu in human history. A lethargic and unenthusiastic 21 year-old part-time jobber with no hope for the future. His only ambition in life is to see “that girl” from Tweeter and collecting goods/merchandising from the “Kossetsu Man.” One day, he obtains the super high performance wearable “Mega-Nexus” device (Megane, for short—because they’re glasses), which changes his life. While he’s not usually social, when he equips the Mega-Nexus, the device’s hypnosis function is triggered, and he becomes a super positive and bluff personality.
- Cil (voiced by Maaya Uchida) – The strongest ponkatsu (piece of junk) A.I. in human history. She is the navigator A.I. loaded within the protagonist’s Mega-Nexus. But despite her being a navi system, she is brimming with curiosity, neglecting Oreshi as she shows interest in various other things. As she doesn’t have a physical form, her interactions are limited, and she sometimes makes a face as if she’s lonely.
- Mr. Elite (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita) – From his life to his personal connections and work, he’s a man living a first-class life. He used to say, “A super first-class human can love super first-class things only,” but…
- Bukako (voiced by Megumi Han) – Mr. Elite’s self-proclaimed “business partner.” She seems to mention words like “commit” and “consensus,” but it’s a mystery as to whether she understands their meaning.
- Master of Ceremony (voiced by Yukana) – The absolute master of ceremonies. A mysterious woman who suddenly appeared before the citizens and took over all of Tweeter and the city system. Her behavior is uncertain and mysterious. She’ll say different things depending on the situation and vibe. She seeks out persons calling themselves “Absolute Masters of Ceremonies” and pushes them into ENJ Battles.
- Neo Communications Act – A law based on the aggressive theory that active internet communication will increase levels of human happiness. Currently, it’s the cause of the “super fulfilled divergent society.”
- Riajuu Ranking – The nation’s ranking. The higher your amount of followers, the higher you’re ranked.
- Tweeter – A government official social network service. You’re ranked between A to G based on your amount of followers.
- Niyoniyo Douga – A video submission website with tons of content. ENJ Battles are very popular here.
- ENJ Battles – A public debate program broadcast live on Niyoniyo Douga. Lower-ranked persons can challenge higher-ranked persons, and if they win, they can see a large turnaround in followers.
- Step 1: Collect Information on Riajuu – By using the social network service, attain followers and increase your Riajuu Rank. As your rank rises, the information you receive from tipsters also increases. You’ll need to make sure to check the authenticity of the tipster’s information.
- Step 2: Discover the Truth Behind the Riajuu – Confront riajuu via the popular public net program “ENJ Battle=Flame Wars.” Uncover their lies, expose their true selves, and steal their followers.
Net High is due out for PS Vita this fall in Japan.
Watch the debut teaser below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.