Bandai Namco has released new details on three of its upcoming Godzilla game’s cast of over 10 kaiju characters.
The Godzilla game launched for PlayStation 3 in Japan last month and will launch for both PlayStation 4 and PS3 in North America and Europe this summer. A demo is currently available for PS3 on the Japanese PlayStation Store.
Get the details below.
Hedorah – 1971 Godzilla vs. Hedorah
- Hedorah was an alien life form from the Dark Gas Nebula in the Orion constellation that landed on Earth.
- Hedorah’s primary form of attack was squirting chunks of its own acidic body, as well as a red laser beam from its eye.
- Hedorah can reproduce asexually, can combine with and separate from other species, and does not need oxygen to survive.
- Hedorah has strong defenses, as it was completely immune to Godzilla’s atomic breath, and conventional weapons would merely pass straight through its disgusting body.
Jet Jaguar – 1973 Godzilla vs. Megalon
- Jet Jaguar was a human-sized robot created by inventor Goro Ibuki for unknown reasons.
- The mechanical hero has the ability to alter his size at will, and is skilled at melee attacks. His abilities also include being able to communicate with monsters and flying.
- He was stolen by the underground nation of Seatopia and set on a mission to guide Megalon to Tokyo so the insect kaiju could destroy it. Eventually, however, Goro regained control of Jet Jaguar and sent him to fetch Godzilla from Monster Island.
- As Godzilla made his way to Japan, Jet Jaguar flew back to the mainland and faced Megalon and Gigan. The two evil beasts were too much for Jet Jaguar until Godzilla arrived. After a long fight, Godzilla and Jet Jaguar were able to defeat their foes, sending Megalon back to Seatopia and Gigan back into outer space.
Mechagodzilla – 1975 Terror of Mechagodzilla
- Mechagodzilla is a robotic monster created by a race of ape-like aliens (also known as Simians) in the image of Godzilla.
- Mechagodzilla has armor constructed out of a mysterious alloy known as “Space Titanium” or NT-1, which is coated in a layer of artificial diamonds and equipped with heavy firepower. The coating allows it to absorb energy from energy weapons and transfer it to its ultimate weapon, the Plasma Grenade.
- Mechagodzilla is capable of firing a rainbow colored optical laser that seems to be equal in power to Godzilla’s atomic breath.
- Located under a hatch in Mechagodzilla’s chest is a weapon that fires a jagged orange energy beam with enough slicing power to cut a mountain in half.