Bandai Namco has released a new set of screenshots from Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.
The upcoming release will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, and includes the original game with updated graphics and performance, all three ‘Lost Crowns’ expansions, new enemy placement, an increase in online players, and additional gameplay enhancements, as well as the following new content:
Brand New NPC
- The Scholar of the First Sin character appears throughout the game and will reveal a new path through the Dark Souls II universe. What will this mysterious new character reveal to players?
Expanded Item Descriptions
- Many items contain expanded descriptions to help deepen the lore in the Dark Souls II universe.
- Players will gain access to a new item: the Agape Ring. When players equip the new Agape Ring, souls collected from kills during online play will be absorbed by the ring rather than the player. This allows players to control their online matchmaking experience by limiting their total souls collected.
Online Matching Improvements
- The bonfire warp selection screen will now highlight the top three areas where players will have the best chance to connect with other players online.
- White phantoms will remain in other players’ worlds for longer periods of time. Also, white phantoms will no longer return to their world if time runs out during a boss battle.
- Other improvements to the matchmaking system will help players connect and enjoy Dark Souls II online.
New Enemy Behavior
- The Imitation spell now affects normal enemies.
Covenant of Champions
- Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
A free patch set for launch on February 5 will add the above content to the existing PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Dark Souls II.
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is due out on April 7, 2015 in North America and April 3 in Europe.
View the new screenshots at the gallery.