Square Enix showcased new footage of Kingdom Hearts III during the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix launch event in Los Angeles this evening.
Here’s what was shown, via KHInsider:
- Concept art and models of Gladiator-themed Heartless.
- Sora with wings and a Keyblade that transforms into dual guns, which are then combined and further evolved into a cannon.
- A revamped “Land of Departure,” returning from , described by KHInsider as “absolutely massive.” The shape of the main building resembles the tower from “Daybreak Town.”
- Sora in his Kingdom Hearts II outfit, as well as his Valor transformation.
- Sora in a library or study facing a large window with flowing curtains. Chess-like pieces with crown and heart tops line the window.
- KHInsider describes the lighting as “stunning,” with Sora “bathed in a soft glow as he stood in front of the window.”
- Because the footage is raw and behind the scenes, it is unlikely to be released online anytime soon, according to KHInsider. It is unknown whether this is a statement from a Square Enix rep or KHInsider’s opinion. We’ve contacted Square Enix ourselves to find out.
Kingdom Hearts III is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.