The official Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II website was updated this morning with details on the game’s battle system.
Battles are turn-based and play out with a party of four characters. Players operate each character when their turn arrives and can freely move around the battlefield.
Here’s the outline of the image above:
1) Attack Order – Displays the order of attacks for both allies and enemies. The current character’s turn is shown in the far left.
2) EXE Drive Gauge – A power gauge used to invoke each character’s unique super special “EXE Drive” attack.
3) Command Buttons
- Triangle (Commands) – Press triangle to open the following menu: Skills (to use SP Skills and the EXE Drive), Items (to use items), Goddess Form (to transform into a goddess or revert back), and Shift (to alternate with the rear guard)
- Square (Defend) – Defend until the next turn.
- Circle (Attack) – Initiate an attack combo.
- R2 (Flee) – When close to the outside of the battlefield, it is possible to flee by selecting this option. In some cases, attempting to flee will fail based on the enemy status.
4) Party Member Data – Displays the status of party members participating in the battle.
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan in spring 2015.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.