Aksys Games is bringing Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi, released in Japan as Hakuoki: Junsouroku, to PlayStation 3 in North America.
The Idea Factory-developed adventure game tells the tale of Chizuru, a young woman who finds herself fighting alongside the infamous Shinsengumi as competing factions war for control of Japan. But in the midst of all this chaos, will Chizuru find love?
Here’s a list of key features, courtesy of Aksys Games:
- More Than Just One Story – This choose-your-own-adventure-style game offers players a chance to choose one of six possible love interests. Playing through the main game unlocks the “Stories of the Shinsengumi”: Several additional events that add roughly 20 hours of content.
- A Modern-Day Tale – Playing through “Stories of the Shinsengumi” can also unlock more content, including a series of short stories written specifically for this game about the Hakuoki cast in a modern-day Japanese high school!
- Media Gallery – Get up close and personal with your favorite scenes from main game and the “Stories of the Shinsengumi” added content!
- Available DLC – Download Hakuoki’s massive art gallery archives and view your favorite characters in a variety of outfits. If you’re desperate for more adventures, there will be DLC side stories to scratch that itch as well!
- Engage the Characters – Watch your favorite characters come to life as they converse with you with expressions!
A release date was not announced. View the first English screenshots at the gallery.