The Witch and the Hundred Knights, Nippon Ichi Software‘s original PlayStation 3 RPG, will come to North America and Europe in early 2014 as The Witch and the Hundred Knight (plural dropped), NIS America has announced.
According to the publisher, the title for the game was updated in order to better fit with the events of the story.
Find the game’s story and feature set summarized below.
Fed up with being unable to travel beyond the borders of her swamp, the witch Metallia forges a contract with the legendary Hundred Knight to help her realize her ambition of spreading her swamp throughout all of Medea. As the Hundred Knight, your mission is to do whatever your master, the Swamp Witch, commands. Explore the world, destroy Pillars built to prevent her swamp from spreading, and wreak indiscriminate havoc. However, in the back of your inhuman mind, you begin to wonder… What prevents Metallia from leaving the swamp? Why do the other witches shun her, and how can she survive in a swamp that is notorious for how poisonous its fumes are? Is Metallia really a witch to respect, or is she one to fear?
- Dark fantasy melee: Equip up to five different weapons at a time to build diverse, guard-breaking combos!
- Be thee dexterous?: Use the Mystical Dodge feature to slow down time by avoiding an enemy’s attack at the last moment!
- Enemy chowdown: Remain in Metallia’s service longer by consuming your foes when your Gigcalsare low!
- Magical metamorphosis: Switch between different “facets” to best clobber your enemies and explore this dark fantasy world.
- Sinister is the name of the game: Enjoy the tale of one girl’s vengeance against the entire world—and “mercy” is not in her vocabulary!
- Dual Audio galore: Players have the ability to switch between and enjoy both the English and Japanese audio tracks whilst adventuring!
Visit the game’s official website here.