Traveling to the moon, modifying the human body. These things men dreamed of in the 20th century, but only little has been realized in the future. One day, a notice of employment arrives for Killer is Dead protagonist Mondo Zappa from a private state agency called “The Execution Office.” That notice requests that Mondo carry out executions while making sport of the blood and moon, requesting Mondo’s brutal fighting skills in particular. Mondo then becomes an executioner for The Execution Office, of which Brian Roses is chief, killing heinous criminals scattered throughout the world. Those trying to regain their talents and those who wish for their own death, one after another he visits his strange clients.
The battle basics are primarily close proximity attacks with swords. Weapons unfold in acrobatic movements.
In addition, the main character’s left arm has been modified and can change from a drill to a gun, etc. It can be upgraded as you progress. Mondo lost his memory of modifying his left arm.
By absorbing your enemy’s blood, you can utilize a powerful attack called “Adrenalin Burst.” A large quantity of blood gushes when you decapitate your enemies.
There is a component where you can transform people into dark matter, too. The Adrenalin Burst move seems to change the dark matter included in the blood into energy.
The moon appears in various images.
Stages are set in various places around the world, including old Western style buildings and an alleyway with Japanese style homes.
- Mondo Zappa: 35-years-old, born in America, the main character. He is the man with the black suit and glasses which appeared in the first public artworks of the game. He regards executing as his job and carries out his work without fear. He is a man of taste and likes to seduce women. His favorite food is half-boiled egg.
- Vivian Squall: 25-years-old, born in England, a member of Brian’s execution office, and the younger boss of Mondo. She is a young blond woman who wears a tight, sleeveless outfit. She is usually calm, but can lose her composure when it comes to private topics.
- Mika Takekawa: 20-years-old, born in Japan, and Mondo’s assistant. She met Mondo at a certain event, and because she is good at making half-boiled eggs, the two get along and live with each other. She’s a natural airhead.
- Victor: A criminal who steals talent from musician jubilees, which play songs of manipulated human emotion. He releases sounds of evil intent from a huge tower, so that he can fill the world with malice. He usually appears like skin and bones, but he’s very robotic when he transforms.
- Brian Roses: 65-years-old, born in America, and chief of the execution office. He carries pride in his work, but is indifferent towards his management. He was the best executioner, having had his flesh turned into a cyborg once, but he’s retired now.