“The accompanying screenshots show an action bar with 16 total slots; of which, the left 8 can be accessed by pressing the L2 button, and the right 8 with the R2,” said Square Enix. “The corresponding 8 slots are mapped to the controller’s directional pad, along with the circle, x, triangle, and square buttons. Players can set up to 8 action bars, and cycle through them by pressing both the L2 and R2 buttons.”
The publisher also released new artwork, showing:
- Amon – one of the optional bosses from Final Fantasy III making a return appearance in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- Leviathan – a Summon that first appeared in Final Fantasy II, the giant sea serpent has appeared throughout the series.
- Odin – a Summon that first appeared in Final Fantasy III, the powerful knight has appeared in all subsequent series titles.
- Skilled Chocobos – as part of the pet breeding aspect of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Chocobos can be raised with focus on different skills like healing, attacking and using magic.
- Level 40 Dungeon – first reveal of various planned dungeons within Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
View the screenshots at the gallery.