During a special stage event at the Tokyo Game Show today, Kojima Productions shared new details on Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Loading is always done in the background, so it’s basically an open world where loading screens do not exist.
- The exception to this is when you travel by helicopter—there a loading screen will be inserted.
- There will be many Grand Theft Auto-style open worlds, and these are connected by helicopter.
- The video that has been released is of the prologue stage, so it’s a small open world. There are bigger ones.
- The game has a concept of time, so it varies from morning to afternoon, and then to night in real time. [This could mean “game time,” I’m not sure.]
- Before using the FOX Engine on other titles going forward, they want to create the standard with open worlds.
Thanks, Game Jouhou.