Square Enix will release its final batch of Final Fantasy XIII-2 download content on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade, its U.S. branch announced tonight.
The content includes the Snow and Lightning episodes we’ve seen covered in Japan, as well as the White Mage outfit for Serah, Black Mage outfit for Noel, and 16 outfits for Mog. Here’s the full rundown, courtesy of Square:
“Snow’s Story: Perpetual Battlefield”:
Snow is engaged in battles at the Coliseum after being separated from his fiancée, Serah. The episode also features a battle against the “Arbiter of Time,” who has been watching events unfold at the Coliseum. Snow should pose a difficult challenge to players and will allow them to end the Coliseum battles on a high note, and ultimately unlock Snow as a party member.
“Lightning’s Story: Requiem of the Goddess”:
This DLC reveals the arduous battle between Lightning and Caius not shown in the main game. Players will be able to adjust the difficulty level and play as Lightning, who uses special abilities available only in this episode. Players will also be able to unlock the Final Fantasy XIII-2 version of Lightning as a party member. Because the episode includes important information relating to the overall storyline of Final Fantasy XIII-2, players are encouraged to complete the game prior to playing through this new content.
The below DLC will be released via Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and via PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3 system.
- “Snow’s Story: Perpetual Battlefield” DLC episode: 320 Microsoft Points, $3.99 via PlayStation Network
- “Lightning’s Story: Requiem of the Goddess” DLC episode: 400 Microsoft Points, $4.99 via PlayStation Network
- White Mage outfit for Serah Farron: 240 Microsoft Points, $2.99 via PlayStation Network
- Black Mage outfit for Noel Kreiss: 240 Microsoft Points, $2.99 via PlayStation Network
- “A Wondrous Wardrobe” outfits for Mog: 240 Microsoft Points, $2.99 via PlayStation Network
View screenshots of the upcoming content at the gallery.