Update: Confirmed by Ubisoft.
Original Story: Rayman Legends is an actual thing. Following domain registrations and a survey outing a Rayman Origins sequel, a leaked trailer posted by GameKult has confirmed Rayman Legends, an Origins sequel of legendary proportions, featuring dragons, Greek mythology and other mythical elements.
And it’s coming to Wii U. Wii U is actually the only platform shown in the trailer, but considering it mentions “Wii U Exclusive Content,” we take it that means it’ll arrive on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as well.
The game itself includes the following new features:
- Legendary settings – expect castles, vampires, ghosts, Greek Gods and dragons.
- An epic renderings engine.
- New playable characters.
- Online gameplay – characters are shown playing a heated game of soccer.
- Social gaming (online challenges).
- Wii U exclusive content – aside from being able to use the controller as a touch screen, it looks like you’re able place real-world items, such as a heart or Rabbid figurine, on top of the Wii U touch screen, and it will appear in-game in some shape or form. An Ezio tie-in was teased before the trailer ends.
Watch the trailer below, or download it (in 720p) here.