EA and BioWare revealed an “all-star” voice cast for Mass Effect 3 today. The game features returning voices from Seth Green (Joker), Martin Sheen (the Illusive Man), and more, as well as notable new recruits.
“We are absolutely thrilled with the passion and emotion the entire cast brought to their performances in Mass Effect 3,” said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series. “In a story where Earth and the entire galaxy are at war, we needed to take the performances to a level of dramatic power and intensity that we’ve never previously attempted. This extremely talented cast delivered.”
The game’s voice cast is as follows:
- Martin Sheen (The Departed, Apocalypse Now – The Illusive Man
- Seth Green (Robot Chicken, Family Guy) – Joker
- Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) – Normandy’s A.I. EDI
- Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) – Miranda
- Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix) – Aria T’Loak
- Mark Meer – Male Shepard
- Jennifer Hale – Female Shepard
- Ali Hillis – Dr. Liara T’Soni
- Keith David (Platoon) – Captain Anderson
- Lance Henriksen (Aliens) – Admiral Steven Hackett
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. (24) – James Vega, “a marine who will help Commander Shepard take Earth back.”
- Jessica Chobot (G4TV) – Diana Allers, a news reporter.
“I have always loved science fiction and I have always loved games and Mass Effect is really the first time both come together successfully,” said Prinze, Jr. “It is a completely immersive game where you really feel like you’re part of this journey inside this universe. It will make you think, you will care about the character you are playing, and you will care about the characters that you bring into battle with you.”
A trailer featuring the voice cast can be seen below. For some shots of the characters, check out the gallery.