Dengeki PlayStation awarded Final Fantasy XIII-2 a perfect score in its “Buyer’s Guide” this week. The magazine has an interview with producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama, who share a few extra bits of information on the upcoming sequel.
Here are the details, courtesy of [email protected]:
- The game is divided into episodes, each of which is about three hours long, making it easier for busy people to play.
- Having Final Fantasy XIII save data (it doesn’t have to be cleared) on your console is a plus. You’ll heighten your chances at winning in the game’s casino area, earn extra monster decorations, and see some sort of extra on the title screen.
- You’ll be able to fight downloadable content bosses in the coliseum.
- There is an area in the world where you’ll hear announcements about downloadable content.
- The game will auto-save, but you can also save anywhere.
- Odin will act as a boss character at one point, and can be after be recruited as an ally.
- There is a “New Game Plus” type option available after clearing the game once, where you can only obtain certain items on your second playthrough.
Separate from the interview, the magazine also mentions lengthy loading times between switching areas.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is due for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Japan on December 15, in North America on January 31, and in Europe on February 3.