An internal private beta for Mass Effect 3 leaked onto Xbox LIVE today—specifically to those in the fall update preview program.
As the leaked label implies, the beta was mistakenly released by Microsoft. We’re not sure if it’s still available.
According to NeoGAF forum members who’ve gotten a hold of the beta, it includes both single-player and multiplayer modes, and weighs about 1.81 gigabytes. It’s missing sound effects, textures, animations, and other standard features.
New details on the game discovered through the beta include:
- The “Galaxy At War” online mode is handled through EA‘s Origin service.
- Players can upload “valuable feedback” to BioWare that helps them “fix bugs and improve future content.”
- The beta includes the Earth stage with Anderson we saw at E3.
- There are three methods of play in single-player. According to GAF, these three are the “default” choices, but you’ll still get to decide what difficulty you’ll play on and how you want decisions to be made:
- Action Mode: For those who want to emphasize action and combat and minimize story management. Action mode will set automatic replies in conversation and a normal difficulty.
- Story Mode: For those who want to emphasize story immersion and minimize combat pressure. Story mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a minimal combat difficulty.
- RPG Mode: For those who want to explore both realms of story and combat. RPG mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a normal combat difficulty.
Here are some shots: