Street Fighter X Tekken will launch for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on March 6 in North America and on March 9 in Europe, Capcom announced at the New York Comic-Con today. The fighting game crossover was also announced for PC–Capcom promising more news on both that front and the PlayStation Vita front at a later date.
Game producer Yoshinori Ono revealed new details about the game on stage at the Street Fighter X Tekken panel today. A ‘revolutionary’ Gem System is being added, which is an all-new customizable power-up system that “creates an exciting way for everyone to experience the Street Fighter and Tekken fighting system.” Players will choose from “dozens” of Gems to “modify characters’ abilities and stats.”
Pre-ordering the game at select retailers will net you “special packs of Gems.”
Ono-san also announced a Special Edition of Street Fighter X Tekken for North America. It includes:
- A copy of Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Build-It-Yourself Arcade Cabinet Bank (approximately 5 inches tall).
- Exclusive Prequel Comic Book by UDON.
- 36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack.
- Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering Special Edition.
- Total of 45 Gems When You Pre-Order.
New screenshots, artwork, special edition box art, and trailers were also released. Watch the trailers below. Check out the images at the gallery.
And remember, we’ll be interviewing Ono-san tomorrow. It’s not too late to submit your questions.