Sony is preparing a major update for Gran Turismo 5 later this month. The ‘Spec II’ update will add new improvements, cars, and expanded features to the Polyphony-developed racer. Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi has been tweeting about it.
Here’s the list of confirmed updates, as compiled by NeoGAF member Metalmurphy:
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
- User control of the weather change feature.
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings.
- Spec 2.0 Opening movie.
- Improved UI response and usability.
- Replay front forward/rewind.
- Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
- Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races).
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings).
- Expanded Photo travel features / You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar.
- Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars.
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport.
- Improved physics and AI.
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.
The update will launch for free during the third week of October. Additionally, Polyphony is preparing paid downloadable content, including a race car pack, a course pack, and a race gear pack.