Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, Ratloop Asia’s July-announced PlayStation Network entry in the Rocketbirds franchise, has been windowed for an October release.
Hardboiled Chicken is a sequel to Rocketbirds: Revolution!, the franchise’s starting browser-based game, and builds upon the franchise with “new characters, missions, puzzles, exclusive music videos, retro cut scenes and more.” The game sees Hardboiled Chicken, the “original Coq of War,” on a mission to assassinate the evil penguin leader Putzki, who’s taken over Albatropolis by way of a totalitarian regime.
The game includes the following features:
- 15 Chapters in Solo Campaign: Assume the role of Hardboiled Chicken, kick a$$, kill penguins and take names on a mission to assassinate the evil penguin leader.
- 10 Chapters in Co-Op Campaign: Select a pair from the dirty half-dozen Budgie commando characters and set out on a mission to save the general’s daughter.
- Puzzles: Your birdie-brain must think quickly to use your environment and solve a variety of puzzles to move on to each level.
- Stereoscopic 3D: Fantastic, non-dizzying Stereoscopic 3D support, running at 60fps/720p enhance the visuals wherever available.
- Mini-stories: The plot thickens as you unlock cut-scenes and music videos at each level that uncover the truth about the totalitarian regime and Hardboiled’s mysterious past.
- Weapons: Kill penguins with a cache of guns you’ll find along the way from pistols, shotguns and Uzis to MP5s, M60s and AK-47s. Bring down the regime with grenades and other explosives. Unlock the ultimate weapon – Brain Bugs!
Ratloop hasn’t announced specifics in regards to release date and pricing. Stay tuned for future updates.