This week’s Famitsu features a 4-page spread on Tales of Xillia, discussing new features and more downloadable costumes.
A new system feature called “Ririaruoobu” (not official romanization) is revealed in the magazine. Each of the party members has an item called the “Liliale Orb,” which unlocks new skills and allows players to raise their status parameters. Players use “Grow Up Points,” or “GP,” in order to level up their characters.
It’s essentially an orb system composed of six nodes. Japanese blogs are describing it as similar to a web, where, depending on which nodes you level, your character can play completely different than that of your friends. The six nodes are:
- Attack – affects physical attack strength, makes guard-breaking enemies easier.
- Defense – affects defense against physical attacks, makes guard-breaking harder.
- Magic Attack / Intelligence – affects magic attack strength, increases probability of changing enemy state.
- Resistance – affects defense against magical attacks, makes self state-changing harder.
- Agility – affects movement speed in battle, affects strength of specific artes.
- Dexterity – affects rate of landing critical hits and stunning enemies, affects strength of specific artes.
The new costumes revealed are for female characters Milla, Leia and Elise. The costumes are based off of Namco Bandai’s February-released (in Japan) [email protected] 2. Milla gets a Shijou Takane costume, Leia a Hibiki Ganaha costume, and Elise a Haruka Amami costume.
The Famitsu preview also reveals a few new Link Artes, which are: Element 4 for Milla and Leia, Cataract Blade for Milla and Jude, and another (unromanized) Link Arte for Jude and Alvin.
Thanks, Abyssal Chronicles.