Kojima Productions has announced two high-definition game collections at Konami’s pre-E3 press conference. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Zone of the Enders HD Collection are both coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in early 2012.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection includes high-definition versions of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The PlayStation 3 version of the game boasts transfarring, Kojima’s new “lifestyle” which allows you to transfer your PlayStation 3 saves to your PSP to play on the go. This will work with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
Zone of the Enders HD Collection includes high-definition versions of Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner.
Both high-definition collections include the following improvements (as outlined by Hideo Kojima):
- Not an emulator! optimized and rebuilt specifically for the PS3 and XBOX360!
- New user interface created exclusively for HD resolutions.
- Redrawn high-res 2D art, effects, and fonts.
- All-new Trophies and Achievements.
- Takes advantage of the PS3/XBOX360 right analog stick and force feedback.
- Transfarring system (save management system that locks data to prevent conflicts when sharing between PSP & PS3).
- Improved audio quality.
Konami’s E3 press conference, which turned out to be pre-recorded, can be watched in full here.