Ubisoft has turned off the invisibility shield for their recently announced Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and have announced new details on the upcoming sequel. The latest installment in the Ghost Recon series promises “the world’s hottest future combat systems”, while allowing players to unleash them on “the battlefield of tomorrow.”
Ghosts (the game’s war unit) are equipped with future war technology and weaponry inspired by actual military prototypes. Such technology includes the ability to blend in with the environment using optical camouflage, an exoskeleton giving Ghosts enhanced physical boosts to strength, speed, and leap, combat drones on both the ground and in the air, and more.
A single-player campaign that doubles as a co-op campaign will be available to players, allowing them to join the Ghosts as Kozack – a fresh recruit joining an Elite Unit as a part of the United States’ best team to retaliate a nationalist coup whom have unseated Russia’s legitimate president. Players will be able to invite their friends in either by each console’s online service or by local split-screen.
“Addictive” eight-on-eight adversarial matches can be held competitively online. This combines the four balanced class abilities, drones, and individual gear.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier ships for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC in Fall 2010.
UBISOFT® UNCLOAKS DETAILS FOR TOM CLANCY™’S GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER™
Ubisoft’s Paris Studio to Deliver a New Chapter in the Acclaimed Franchise to Debut Fall 2010
SAN FRANCISCO – April 12, 2010 – Today Ubisoft revealed new details for Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC. Developed by the award-winning team behind Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® 2, the game will equip players with the world’s hottest future combat systems, inspired by existing prototypes, and unleash them on the battlefield of tomorrow. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to ship Fall 2010.
“The Ghost Recon franchise set the standard for the next-generation gaming experience,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft. “With Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Ubisoft is amplifying the core values of the series – the sophisticated technology, weaponry, graphics, story and online gameplay – with the production values of a Hollywood blockbuster to deliver a stunning package that will make players truly feel like the elite soldier of tomorrow.”
For players who can’t wait until fall to get their hands on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Ubisoft is delivering a sneak peek this summer with Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s Multiplayer Beta. The exclusive beta invitation, available for a limited time, will be included with Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction™. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction will be hitting stores on April 13th in North America, April 16th in Europe and April 28th in Japan, and is exclusively available for Xbox 360.
About the Game
As a member of the elite Ghost Recon, you are among the few who possess the power, the adaptability, and the cognitive fortitude of the future soldier. Specialized in every area of combat, equipped for survival, and trained in absolute discretion, you are entrusted with the missions no other soldier can handle. Armed to the teeth with an arsenal of real-world high-tech weaponry only in prototype today, you are an F-16 on legs, trained to lock on to your objective even in the world’s most complex, high-risk warzones.
Experience the Future of War
• The Ghosts pack the latest and best high-tech military equipment, inspired by actual prototypes.
• Blend into any environment with mind-bending optical camouflage.
• An exoskeleton enhances the Ghosts’ physical abilities, allowing them to run, leap, slide and kick farther & faster than any soldier on the field today.
• Unparalleled physicality and lethal expertise in melee close combat are now at your disposal. Control all-new heavily armed unmanned ground and air combat drones.
• Unleash large-radius firepower with a personal mortar capable of firing multiple guided rockets simultaneously.
• Instantly coordinate combat against 360° threats: link-up with your Ghost teammates in a formidable formation at the push of a button.
• Move-and-shoot-as-one with your friends or AI teammates with no training and no complex orders system.
• Benefit from your teammates’ high-tech abilities and combine them to unleash the power of an army at the pull of your trigger.
Epic Solo and Co-op Campaign!
• Join the Ghosts as Kozak, a fresh recruit whose elite unit is the United State’s best and only means of retaliation when a nationalist coup unseats Russia’s legitimate president
• Experience multiple aspects of the war from the unique perspectives of a high-level bodyguard, an engineer, a civilian and more.
• Play the single- or split-screen cooperative campaign across multiple theatres as the shadow of global conflict creeps across Northern Europe and beyond.
Fast-Paced, Addictive Multiplayer Mode
• Link-up for heated 8 vs. 8 adversarial matches and combine the four balanced class abilities, plus drones and individual gear.
• Seamless ranking progression in Single, Co-op and Adversarial modes: unlock multiple rewards for your Ghost or your Clan.