Looks like SOCOM: Confrontation is taking in the coming of the cold, because a new COLD FRONT downloadable pack has been announced for the online third-person shooter today. The new pack brings a new snow-filled Eastern European area of operations with two new maps and three classic SOCOM maps to the game.
The pack will include more than just maps, promising ARMS RACE — a new gameplay mode that will have players activating or destroying missile launchers depending on who they’re fighting for — along with new weapons, music, trophies and a whole lot more.
In total, the pack includes:
- New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
- Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision
- New ARMS RACE gameplay mode
- 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
- All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
- New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
- Gun turrets emplacements
- New music
- All new character specialization/progression system
- Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
- New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
- 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
- New Trophies
In total, the pack will run you $14.99. No release date yet.
COLD FRONT Downloadable Pack for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation [PlayStation.Blog]