The first details as well as scans of Infinity Ward’s upcoming sequel, Modern Warfare 2, have just been leaked from the latest Game Informer issue. Of course, we don’t have full details from all ten pages of the issue, but we do have a few thanks to VG247.
New features include a live-patching system for online multiplayer, riot shields, more open-ended gameplay and more. Read on for the list.
- No co-op in story mode, but separate missions reminiscent of CoD4â€™s Mile High Club include cooperative multiplayer.
- In the wintery bits of the game, snowmobiles will be used to escape attack, but itâ€™s unclear whether players will be driving or shooting from the vehicles. Ice walls can also be climbed by alternating between the two triggers.
- A live-patching system will be implemented for online multiplayer, forgoing the need for a downloadable patch.
- Game will run at 60 frames-per-second, with better detail than CoD4.
- Riot shields, movable turrets and customized weapons for single-player enemies were mentioned.
- Gameplayâ€™s a bit more open-ended than CoD4 but is still linear.
- Stealth can now be used ifÂ you like.
- Infinity Wardâ€™s working on fixing enemy respawn issues (CoD4â€™s enemies would constantly respawn unless a player crossed a certain line).
- The single-player campaign will be longer than it was in CoD4.