Triangle is a turn-based strategy role-playing game developed by Square Enix and Artdink Corporation, and published by Square Enix in Japan and Nintendo worldwide.
Your Decisions Make the Difference
Strategically command a group of warriors after being entangled in a surging conflict between three nations. Key choices you make will influence the story and outcome of this grand conflict. The stunning HD-2D visual style blends 3D environments and modern effects with pixel-art characters and details.
Recruit over 20 playable characters with distinct skills. Steer your party of warriors in a tangled plot where control of the realm is at stake.
- Serenoa Wolffort – This talented swordsman is the heir of House Wolffort and the protagonist of the story. His father is the legendary warrior Symon.
- Roland Glenbrook – Serenoa’s closest friend and the younger son of King Regna. A formidable spear knight on the battlefield.
- Frederica Aesfrost – The eldest daughter of the Aesfrost family and engaged to Serenoa. Her pyromancer skills make her a force to be reckoned with.
- Benedict Pascal – The steward of House Wolffort since the Saltiron War. He has the absolute trust of his liege—Serenoa’s father, Symon—and has overcome countless difficulties with his intelligence and levelheaded judgment.
- Geela Breisse – Frederica’s attendant and tutor in the arcane arts. She once studied at the Ministry of Medicine in Hyzante, but the allure of the Aesfrosti Archives compelled her to move to the Duchy.
- Anna Pascal – An expert spy and Benedict’s right hand. She was taken in by Wolffort after losing her parents and swears to do everything in her power to repay that debt.
Each decision you make will bolster one of three convictions—Utility, Morality, or Liberty—which together make up Serenoa’s worldview and influence who will join you and lend their talents to your army. You can play through the game multiple times to see how other choices impact the adventure.
When faced with truly momentous decisions, multiple characters will weigh in by casting their votes on the Scales of Conviction. Persuade them before their vote is cast to help forge your own path ahead.
Early on, your allies will vote on whether your party should travel to chilly Aesfrost or arid Hyzante.
- Should they choose Aesfrost, your party will take part in stopping an illegal salt trade in a snowy environment with great potential for powerful elemental attacks. Rudolph, a hunter and former salt smuggler, will join you in battle.
- Should the scales tip toward Hyzante, your party will contend with dangerous magic wielders in a large, multi-tiered desert.
Corentin, a cryomancer and researcher at the Ministry of Medicine, will join forces with you.
Strategically Secure Victory
Maneuver characters around multi-tiered battlefields to gain the upper hand. Use the terrain to your advantage by flanking enemies, or link elemental attacks to cause massive damage. Level up your recruits to secure new abilities and upgrades.
- Position units on higher ground to gain the advantage with increased range.
- Use fire to melt icy terrain, then use lightning to electrify the remaining pool of water. Push the enemy in to see sparks fly.
- Flank enemies on both sides, then strike from behind for a powerful follow-up attack.
In between skirmishes, you can freely move about to explore battlefields and scout for advantages. Back at your encampment, you can check in with your allies, acquire items, take on mock battles, obtain quietuses, and more.
Adventure in HD-2D
The realm of Norzelia is brought to life with the stunning HD-2D visual style that blends 3D environments and modern effects with pixel-art characters and details.
Begin your Journey with the Prologue Demo
Play from the beginning through Chapter 3—and experience your first Scales of Conviction vote—with the free Prologue Demo. Your progress carries over to the full game, once purchased.
This demo (and full game) includes several gameplay and presentation adjustments that were requested in player surveys after the Debut Demo.
Triangle Strategy News
Triangle Strategy shipments and digital sales top one million
Triangle Strategy coming to PC on October 13
Triangle Strategy shipments and digital sales near 800,000
Famitsu Sales: 2/28/22 – 3/6/22 [Update]
Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1735
Triangle Strategy Prologue Demo now available
Triangle Strategy ‘Character and Story Trailer #3: Benedict Pascal’ [Update: English]
Triangle Strategy ‘Character and Story Trailer #2: Frederica Aesfrost’ [Update: English]
Triangle Strategy ‘Character and Story Trailer #1: Roland Glenbrook’ [Update: English]
Triangle Strategy ‘Challenge Your Convictions’ trailer
Triangle Strategy TGS 2021 Online trailer
Triangle Strategy launches March 4, 2022
Square Enix announces tactical RPG Project Triangle Strategy for Switch
Triangle Strategy GalleriesView full gallery
September 13, 2022
March 2, 2022
February 9, 2022
January 26, 2022
December 22, 2021
September 23, 2021
February 17, 2021