Sniper Elite 5
Sniper Elite 5 is a first-person shooter developed and published by Rebellion Developments.
The latest instalment in the award-winning series, Sniper Elite 5 offers unparalleled sniping, tactical third-person combat and an enhanced kill cam. Fight your way across the most immersive maps yet, with many real-world locations captured in stunning detail, and an improved traversal system that lets you explore more of them than ever before.
France, 1944—As part of a covert US Rangers operation to weaken the Atlantikwall fortifications along the coast of Brittany, elite marksman Karl Fairburne makes contact with the French Resistance. Soon they uncover a secret Nazi project that threatens to end the war before the Allies can even invade Europe: Operation Kraken.
- Expansive Campaign – Many real-world locations have been captured using photogrammetry to recreate a living, immersive environment, and multiple infiltration and extraction points and kill list targets provide a whole new perspective on each mission. Take on the Nazi plot solo or work with a partner, with improved co-op mechanics allowing you to share ammo and items, give orders and heal each other.
- Advanced Gunplay Physics and Traversal – Use ziplines, slide down slopes and shimmy along ledges to reach the perfect vantage point, or to sneak past a sharp-eyed lookout. Factor in rifle stock and barrel options along with gravity, wind and heart rate while you line up your sights on the target.
- High Caliber Customization – Use workbenches to customize and upgrade virtually every aspect of your weapon—change scopes, stocks, barrels, magazines and more. Rifles, secondaries and pistols all have a huge variety of options. On top of that you can select the ammo to suit your target, from armor-piercing right down to non-lethal.
- Invasion Mode: Campaign Drop-In Player-versus-Player and Cooperative Play – Invade another player’s Campaign as an Axis sniper and engage in a deadly game of cat and mouse, providing a new dimension to the challenge as you stalk your prey. Alternatively, as Karl you can call for assistance and have a second sniper drop in to help you out of a tricky situation.
- Tense Adversarial Multiplayer – Customize your character and loadout and earn XP, medals and ribbons as you take on intensely competitive 16 player battles that will really test your sharpshooting skills. If co-op’s more your style, you can team up with up to 3 other players against waves of enemies in Survival mode.
- Enhanced Kill Cam – More realistic and grisly than ever, the trademark X-ray kill cam returns, showing you the true destructive power of each shot. Bones deflect bullets unpredictably, ripping a new path through enemy bodies. SMGs and pistols can also trigger kill cams, including multiple shots in dramatic slow motion.
Sniper Elite 5 News
Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1752
Sniper Elite 5 ‘Kill Cam Enhanced’ trailer, screenshots
Sniper Elite 5 ‘Features’ trailer
Sniper Elite 5 ‘Marksman’ trailer, screenshots
Sniper Elite 5 launches May 26
Sniper Elite 5 cinematic trailer, key visual
Sniper Elite 5 announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC
Sniper Elite 5 GalleriesView full gallery
May 18, 2022
April 14, 2022
March 29, 2022
March 16, 2022
January 25, 2022
December 10, 2021