River City Girls Zero is a beat ’em up video game developed by WayForward and published by Arc System Works. It is an updated and localized version of the 1994-released title Shin Nekketsu Kouha: Kunio-tachi no Banka.
Join Kunio, Riki, Misako, and Kyoko for bone-crunching, 16-bit, co-op beat ’em up action—translated and released outside of Japan for the first time! Experience the origin of the River City Girls story as the hot-blooded heroes attempt to clear their names of a heinous crime by uppercutting, spin-kicking, stomping, and slamming every thug and two-bit criminal that gets in their way! Rock the jailhouse, clean up the carnival, and raise hell on the highway! The original 1994 graphics, soundtrack, and gameplay are augmented with new opening and closing motion-comic cutscenes, a new animated intro, and additional music by Megan McDuffee and DEMONDICE. Discover River City’s past with this lost classic!
- The classic 16-bit beat ’em up, Shin Nekketsu Koha: Kunio-tachi no Banka, officially translated and released in the west after 28 years!
- Switch between four playable characters, each with unique special moves!
- Intriguing story that inspired River City Girls and River City Girls 2!
- Bone-busting combat: Unleash an arsenal of punches, kicks, jump attacks, grabs, and more!
- Single-player or local two-player cooperative gameplay!
- A variety of environments: high school, the docks, an amusement park, a casino, and more!
- Battle from a motorcycle in “Mode 7” style vehicle stages!
- Image gallery featuring vintage box art, manual images, and additional content!
- New motion-comic cutscenes, new animated intro, and new music by River City Girls composer Megan McDuffee and DEMONDICE!