Monster Sanctuary is a Metroidvania / turn-based role-playing video game developed by moi rai and published by Team17.
Monster taming meets Metroidvania. Collect, train, and battle monsters in a lovely side-scroller pixel world.
As the youngest heir of an ancient bloodline of Monster Keepers, players set out to follow in their ancestors’ footsteps, all the while unpicking a mystery that threatens the long-standing peace between humans and monsters!
- Overcome and Collect Beasts – Creatures great and small are available to collect and battle and can be upgraded via deep skill trees.
- Become the best Monster Keeper – A mysterious force threatens the peace between monsters and humans, and players will unravel these secrets through the story.
- Battle in Tactical Three-versus-Three Combat – Player rosters of monsters can fight AI or other players in a turn-based three-versus-three system, using elemental attacks and combos to devastating effect.
- Discover a Deep Metroidvania World – From the depths of the Underworld to the heights of the Snowy Peaks, there is plenty to explore, and hidden areas to uncover using monster skills.
- Items and Gear Aplenty – Players will find a plethora of useful items on their journey, which may even open new avenues of navigation.