Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising is an action role-playing and fighting game developed by Arc System Works and published by Cygames.
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising is the latest title in the Granblue Fantasy Versus series.
Following the previous title, Arc System Works, known for its Guilty Gear franchise, and Cygames have teamed up to develop Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising. This new game maintains the high-quality presentation that the Granblue Fantasy franchise is known for and the easy-to-play game system praised by both newcomers and fighting game veterans alike in the previous Granblue Fantasy Versus title. Additionally, the game will feature many new game elements, including all-new characters, mechanics, and modes.
Furthermore, Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising will utilize long-awaited rollback netcode technology for an even smoother and more responsive online play experience. The game will also support cross-play between PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC (Steam), allowing players to engage in battle and interact cross-platform with more players for a more united player community and dynamic gameplay.
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising will feature a variety of new ways to enjoy the Granblue Fantasy Versus series. The game will add a host of numerous new and rebalanced gameplay mechanics to battles as well, allowing players to engage with a simple, yet profoundly tactical gameplay experience.
- Large Character Roster – Players will see many characters—new and old ones—join the fray. In addition to the 24 characters from the current Granblue Fantasy: Versus cast, multiple new characters will join Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising at launch.
- New Gameplay Mechanic: Ultimate Skills – Players will be able to perform Ultimate Skills, an even more powerful version of Plus Skills from Granblue Fantasy: Versus, briefly slowing down the opponent’s movement—enabling new ways to extend combos and punish openings or whiffed attacks that would normally not be possible otherwise. Information about additional new mechanics and systems will be released in the future.
- New Story Mode – In line with the increased volume of the story, an abridged version of all 50 chapters featured in RPG Mode from the first GBVS will be made available in an all-new Story Mode. By eliminating item collection, growth elements, and some quest battles, the story can be enjoyed more easily in preparation for a new original saga featuring new characters set to unfold in Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising.
- Graphic Enhancements – In-game shaders and post-processing effects have been enhanced to further replicate the iconic art style of Granblue Fantasy while not compromising visibility when playing. The visual overhaul combined with higher quality images both contribute to the game’s fresh new look and play experience.
- Online Lobby Expansion – A feature enjoyed in the previous game has now been greatly enhanced while still allowing players to control their lobby avatars, communicate with other players, and request a match. Before, players were able to move freely on the deck of the Grandcypher, but now the stage is expanded to include an entire island.
- Grand Bruise Legends! Mode – Players will be able to play with dozens of others in “Grand Bruise Legends!,” a dedicated online battle royale mode featuring a variety of mini-games. Mini-games include a variety of rules, where players can either unite and fight against enemies or sabotage other players in free-for-alls in several battle royale-style games. This mode can serve as a break between intense one-on-one matches, or as the main mode for players who feel they aren’t yet ready to play fighting games online.
- Rising Royale – It’s a race to the finish in this free-for-all obstacle course. Use items to obstruct your opponents and enjoy the chaos that unfolds in this mode where anything goes!
- Gold Brick Hoarder – Players are divided into teams in this contest to wrangle as many Gold Bricks as they can into their team’s stockpile within a time limit. Like Rising Royale, players can also choose to focus on disrupting the enemy team’s progress instead.
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising News
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising reveals Figure Studio; nine minutes of Grand Bruise Legends gameplay
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising – Siegfried gameplay trailer, PS5 and PS4 online beta test set for mid-July
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising adds Anila, ‘Dash Attack’ and ‘New Triple Attack’ mechanics detailed
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising GalleriesView full gallery
September 16, 2023
August 6, 2023
March 31, 2023
February 25, 2023
January 21, 2023