Avenging Spirit is a platformer video game developed by C.P. Brain and published by Jaleco. The 2022-released version is developed by Shinyuden and City Connection, and published by Ratalaika Games.
Originally presented as an arcade cabinet title back in 1991, Avenging Spirit is about a man who was tragically killed by a crime syndicate, whilst out with his girlfriend who has been kidnapped by these agents of evil. Now in the guise of a ghost he joins forces with his girlfriend’s father, a paranormal researcher, to rescue his daughter Gennifer but revenge is top of his agenda. Ironically the crime syndicate is researching ghost energy and their aim is to force the father of the kidnapped girl, the expert in the field, to cooperate and give them the information they dearly want!
Our ghostly, potential hero, will possibly win the day by possessing a great cast of characters and when he does he takes over their persona, abilities, and more! Switching bodies gains you the weapons and attributes.
Fighting your way through six stages of violence, action, challenges and fun is constant whilst also retrieving “keys” at various stages to find and infiltrate the syndicate’s base! Can you find your kidnapped girl, will you be able to possess her? (Weird, heh?) Can you eventually take revenge on the evil syndicate mob?
That is not the end of this traumatic fight for total justification and annihilation of all that the mob represents. A number of surprises will be forthcoming as you reach the later stages of the game!
- Iconic arcade cabinet machine game.
- Acclaimed 90s platformer.
- Six stages of exciting gameplay.
- Loads of enemy characters.
- Gangsters, commandos, robots, hitmen, vampires, spirits, etc.
- Unique moves and abilities for cast.
- Ever-changing settings.
- Possess one of four characters with unique abilities at the start of the game.
- Be a gangster, a vampire, or even a robot..
- Rescue Gennifer before it is too late!
- Helpful cutscenes.
- On-screen assistance—health bar and more.
- Over 20 different hosts you can possess.
- Fast and lithe moves.
- Lots more!
Avenging Spirit News
Jaleco arcade platformer Avenging Spirit coming to PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on July 29
Avenging Spirit GalleriesView full gallery
July 21, 2022